In case the filters in your Yahoo Mail account aren’t working appropriately or if emails are not being sent to the suitable folder, you will require to review the filtering guidelines of Yahoo. Usually, all the incoming emails go through the spam filter before going through the other filters. In case your emails are not getting sent to the right folder, try looking for the spam folder first in your Yahoo Mail account.
If you have formed an empty filter or filter without any rules in your Yahoo Mail account, it will influence your account in the following manner:
- Deliver emails sent by an email address with vacant characters to the inbox of your Yahoo Mail account.
- In case you have located the empty filter at the top of the filter list, the rules of rest of the filters will be voided and messages will be delivered to the inbox instead of an appropriate folder.
- It is recommended to not use negative criteria for example “does not contain” with positive criteria like “begins with”.
- Furthermore, make confirm to not to have a conflicting filter over a filter which is not functioning.
- In case you have set multiple criteria in your filter, the said filter will apply all of the rules you defined to recognize which message to filter.
- If you want to filter all emails that include either Criteria A or Criteria B, it is recommended to create 2 filters.
- Settings filters to other folders will block your email customer from downloading them.
- Email customers using POP download emails from the inbox folder only.
Thus, these are some of the causes that might be making the filters in your Yahoo Mail account to malfunction. Verify your Yahoo Mail account for the above suggestions and try to fix the problem accordingly. If the problem continues, then contact yahoo customer service phone number +1 844 444 4174 for instant support.